Did you know, that 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations and 92% of buyers regularly or occasionally rely on reviews?
Most local business owners are aware that positive online reviews are very good for business. Over the years, I’ve realised many business owners are not aware of just how much they can impact it.
Today’s consumers are increasingly relying on reviews to make decisions. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Reviews play multiple roles:
- Provide social proof that drives purchases/hiring service
- They make a website or Google My Business more visible
- They make your business look trustworthy
- They expand the conversation about your business
- They are increasingly essential to decision making
How to generate consistent reviews for your business?
- Simply asking customers/clients to leave you a review is one of the fastest and easiest ways to generate reviews.
- Include a review link in your email signature.
- Put reviews on your invoices.
How to deal with fake reviews?
You cannot remove the review yourself. The best way is to reply to a fake review like this " thank you for leaving a review, I am afraid we have no record of you ever being our customer. Could you remove your review?" You also can report a review but do not bet that it will be removed.